Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cupcakes in a Jar

thank you to all of you who commented or emailed me with prayers and uplifting thoughts for our struggling friends and family.... you really touched my heart and I am so grateful for this wonderful blogging community.
thank you. thank you. thank you.

I made some pumpkin cupcakes (because I am currently obsessed with pumpkin) for a few of the formentioned friends and thought I would share the super cute packaging with you...

start with the cooled pumpkin cupcakes, and a fresh batch of buttercream frosting, I also made some simple crumb topping (brown sugar, cinnamon, flour) layer cupcake bottom, frosting, crumb, cupcake top, frosting crumb each in the jar and top with a cupcake liner. I used a drink tray from McDonalds (=free) on the first set and just tied forks to the others...









Edited to add:

I did an additional post with the recipes and some more details.... 
check it out here
(and thanks for all the blog love on this post! I'm so glad yall' are enjoying the cupcakes in a Jar... I'll have to do them again soon!)

20 comments:

Julie S said...

OMG this is the cutest thing ever! I LOVE pumpkin cupcakes and this is the best cupcake presentation/gift I have seen in a long time. Filing this away and defintely using it as a gifty soon :)

Unknown said...

These are awesome! I am very jealous of your creativity! What a great gift idea. Hope things are going better for you and your friends. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Were these an idea out of a magazine? I can't find an article anywhere, but a friend of mine just did hamburger theme cupcakes in a jar like these and my neighbor just did ice cream theme cupcakes in a jar too. It is such an adorable idea!

Christine said...

I have never seen anything like that before...so yummy and cute looking!

capperson said...

These are sooo cute!!

Hollywood Glamorous said...

Such a cute blog also and what a wonderful concept of cupcakes in a jar! Following you back.

Keli said...

AWESOME!!! I just saw something like this at a fair, although they were not as pretty. I want to try this!!

I'm following you back. :)

www.savingthosedollars.blogspot.com

Lori said...

I'm following you back now and I really wish I had been number 100, but I guess the next person will get that:) I love your blog and I'm going to try these pumpkin cupcakes!!

bananas. said...

that is the coolest concept EVER! very creative, you are.

and apparently i'm yoda now. lol.

Morgan said...

That is such a cool idea! So awesome!

Adventures said...

Oh yummy cupcakes! What a great idea! I am following you back! Thanks so much for the follow!

melissa said...

These are so stinkin cute! You're so creative! Love them!

Mary said...

Super cute! Lifting this idea for certain!

beth said...

So cute and delicious looking!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

yum these look great!! I'd love for you to link them up at sundae scoop! http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

These are so cute. Can you please share your recipe? You can email me at amandabarham2@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Amanda

Heather said...

Will you post the recipe or link to recipe for the cupcakes? How much sugar/cinnamon/flour do you use for the crumb topping?

kirkandmona said...

Just when I think you have thought of all the way cool stuff--you go and think of something super cool!!! Love the cupcake in a jar idea!! Putting my bandit eye scarf on and stealing it!

carole said...

could you email me the recipe?
Carole
gram122@comcast.net

Alexa Raye said...

This is so awesome! I think I'm going to do something like this for Christmas. Last year I did cookie mix in a jar...

Post a Comment