As random as my posts have been lately, this one will not disapoint. haha.
I made lemon cupcakes with a lemon pudding filling, and lemon butter cream frosting for my girls at work as a treat during their floorset the other day. The hubs and I each had to sample some before hand, just to make sure they were ok. They were awesome.
I had ordered Durham a monkey hat back the beginning of January from one of the girls on my pregnancy/birthmonth board and it just came in the other day. I love, love, love it!
Chris ordered this jumper on Amazon (after reading review after review to make sure we were getting the best one) and Durham loves it!! His feet don't touch the floor yet, even with it on the lowest setting, but that does not stop him from making it bounce just enough to get the music going. We recommend it! Here on Amazon.
I saw this book recommended by another blogger (I'm so sorry, I don't remember who) and I bought it for $6 on my Kindle Fire. It's called Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches by Rachel Jankovic. Get it on Amazon here. She's got 5 kids, ages 5 and under and the book is such an encouragement to mothers. She's so honest about her mothering experiences and reading this book has really helped me realized that I can try harder to be in the moment, not constantly thinking about what needs to get done, and what's still left on my to-do list from the previous day. go get it.
Durham's got cradle cap. bleh. We have to wash his head with a special shampoo and use baby oil all the time. He's so darn cute, so I don't mind.
no explanation necessary. haha
I have managed to stay on top of the house. If you know me in real life, I'm kinda OCD. I usually think of it as a blessing and not a curse, but it was causing major stress for me when I was preparing to go back to work... just HOW was I gonna get everthing done and still have all the time I wanted/needed with Durham, the hubs, my job, and some time for me. Well, I've been back for two weeks now, and I can tell you, it's not that bad! We pick up every night, wash a load of clothes every other/couple of days, and I do most of the big cleaning and organizing on the days that I don't go into work until lunch time. Sometimes when Durham's in a 'snuggle me' kinda mood, I'll do chores with him in the sling. best of both worlds for me. I wish I could wear him to work like that! haha
He's moved up to size 2 diapers. How did this happen? I want him to stay little forever.
Look how much bigger they are than the ones!! The left is a '1' and the right is a '2'
ps. target diapers are the bomb.
and some more randomness from my cell phone...
1. loving his jumper
2. play mat time
3. all that jumping can wear a baby out!
4. he's learned that if you pull the lady bugs string, it will sing a song! it's so cute to watch!
5. our explorer has been in 'the shop' for a while having some work done, I am so happy to have it back because I forgot to bring the back seat mirror with us. I love looking back at him in the car. (don't worry, we were in the CFA drive thru this time)
6. our two favorites. Starbucks and Target.
7. for lent I decided to write 40 letters in 40 days. it's going good so far. and I threw in a couple random acts of kindness too. :)
8. girlscout cookies! Hubs and I both like Samoa's the best!
9. mommy pile. family snuggles while watching TV, does not get any better.
10. look how big this baby is getting!
11. sometimes a tummy sleeper. He's rolling over now, tummy to back too!
12. walking in the park. Days that the hubs and I are both off work are worth a million dollars.
That's it. Hope you all are doing wonderful! I am so thankful for this little blog these days... I already feel like time is just wizzing by us so quickly, and I want to remember everything.