Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cupcakes in a Jar {2} the info you asked for...

I have a lot of new followers {and people stopping by} from last week when I was featured on Tatertots & Jello (see that post here ...there are so many adorable Halloween treats!!) and many people have been asking for some additional information on the cupcakes in a jar post.... I aim to please so here ya go!





Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes:
Spice box mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Crumb Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
 
Vanilla Butter cream Frosting:
(this is the recipe I use for almost all of my cupcakes)
3 sticks butter (room temp, very important)
1 stick Crisco
1 and 1/4 bags of powered sugar (I use 2lb bags)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 tbl spoons of milk
 
I think the trick to better frosting is to beat the butter, beat it real good! 6-8 minutes good. If you have a kitchen aid then no problem, just walk away... but if you don't, get a buddy because your arm is gonna be really sore! Then add the Crisco and beat for another minute or two and add the rest of the ingredients. Leave the milk for last and only add it if you need to. A good way to tell if the frosting is too thick is when you pop the mixer up, if most of the frosting stays on the paddle... it's too thick. Add the milk one table spoon at a time, mix and lift the mixer again.
 

When you are assembling the jars...
Cut the cupcake in 1/2
put the bottom in
then a swirl of frosting
spoonful of crumb topping
then the top 1/2 of the cupcake
swirl of frosting
crumb topping
 

Hope this helps! I'm looking forward to checking out all my new friends blogs! Leave me a comment if I have not visited you yet so I can pop on over!! Have a wonderful week! Can't wait to see how your cupcakes turn out!

12 comments:

Daisy said...

i'm your newest "hop" follower (and a newbie blogger)

Love your blog.

would love for you to stop by.

Daisy

momfindsdeals.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

I still think these are sooo cute! I love this idea. =]

Lori said...

I need to do this and give it out to all the grandparents for Halloween treats this weekend! Maybe I'll get around to it but it's hard to get anything done at our house when college football is on:) I'm going to try though!

April said...

I love doing cupcakes in jars! I like to call them cupcake parfaits!

Yummy!

Mama Pea said...

Those look really good. Can I reblog and link back to you on this? Thanks!

Tori said...

Oh I can't wait to try these bad boys! delicious!

Mama Pea said...

How many does this make? Thanks!

emma said...

LOVE THESE!!! thanks for sharing!

maria@hip-mama-xoxo said...

How fun and I am sure they are delish! Thanks for sharting the entire process.

The Social Secretary said...

These are the cutest! I posted about them today. Would love to try!
-Katie

Anonymous said...

So delish! Had my friends over for New Year's and made them these; they all begged for the recipe... :)

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

Those look so delicious! What a great idea to give as a gift or have pre-made for a holiday dessert! Love it!

Hope you had a great weekend! XOXO

Post a Comment