Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nursery Details

Thanks for all the love on Durham's Nursery Reveal yesterday!
We are so thrilled with how everything came out... the hubs and I are often joking that baby D has the nicest room in our house. haha

Here are the details/sources/links to some of the things in his room... 
if you don't see something listed and want to know JUST ASK, we are happy to share.


1. THE BOOK LEDGES: I was inspired by some from IKEA... we have one in our Kitchen and one in our Office already... but, even though they are very affordable at $10 each ($60 for 6) I was not sure I wanted to spend that much. So, my dad made them... and mom sanded and painted them. They are one of my very favorite things in the room. To make your own... this is a great tutorial to follow.

2. THE BOOKS: Durham is one lucky little guy to have such a library! At one of my Baby Showers the invitation included wording like this "we have one request we hope isn't too hard, please sign your name to a book instead of a card. Then mom and dad will be ready when baby arrives, to read to little Durham for the rest of his life!" How stinkin' cute is that! We got so many great books at all of our showers and we can't wait for him to get here so we can start reading!

3. THE CURTAINS: These are Eclipse Black Out (and energy efficient) window panels from WALMART. I love how dark they make the room when they are closed... we got the "dark blue" which is almost black. $22. Also, the hardware came from Walmart (link to the rod here) but I couldn't find the clips. Same section and brand though.

4. BOAT: One of my friends, Hannah, found this at a garage sale for $4. GO HANNAH!

5. GRACO SWING: This was a gift from one of the hubs brothers. (we totally lucked out being the last to have kids on his side... so many awesome hand.me.downs. everyone has been so generous). I believe this is the model on Amazon.

6. CRIB SKIRT: I actually made this myself! White fabric, and two strips of blue ribbon and one strip of yellow (that I didn't even sew on! I just used no sew tape! haha)

7. BLANKETS: Amazing hand knitted/crocheted blankets made with love by some very special people. I joke that I will never let him use them except for pictures. haha

8. BOAT MOBILE: I think this is my very favorite thing in the entire room. I saw it on this blog and I searched and searched and searched to find it. FINALLY, I found it (this was months ago, it's obviously easier to find now... just saw 12 sites online that carry it! haha) and bought it from The Ancient Mariner.

9. THE CRIB: Long story short... the crib also came from WALMART. It is the Graco Lauren 4-1 Convertible Crib in Espresso. We had some issues with the original order (not from walmart) and with the color/finish... but, everything worked out and we I got exactly what we I wanted.

10.THE CHAIR/PILLOWS: Like I mentioned yesterday, we have not settled on a chair/glider/rocker/recliner yet. These are BIG decisions people, so for right now, this is a chair from our living room. Bestie made the pillows for me (like the day after we picked his name). She's sweet like that... I keep encouraging her to open an etsy shop.


1. THE DRESSER: is from IKEA. $300 and really beautiful in person. We love it so much we are thinking about purchasing one for our master bedroom. Dad, doesn't that sound like fun? Putting that together again! HAHA

2. CHANGING PAD: gifted, but the pad and the cover are from Babies R Us.

3. HAMPER: How cute and nautical is this! It was in the basket section of Hobby Lobby. Regualar $30 (but 1/2 off... so I got it for $15) whoot!

4. BLUE GLASS JARS: Thrifted

5. DURHAM SIGN: I bought the wooden letters from Walmart (I liked the more "boyish" font than the ones I had seen at Michaels or HobLob) and mom painted them white and mounted them to the other piece of wood (Home Depot) with wood glue. I love how it turned out.

6.WALL COLOR: BEHR Velvet Sky (it is a cross between blue and gray)


1. GROWTH RULER: I was inspired by Pinterest to do this Pottery Barn knock-off growth chart... (see the bloggers tutorial here) the stain came out a little darker than I had wanted, but it's not as dark in person as it is in this photo. I can't wait to start marking his growth and milestones. :)

2. & 3. OAR & BOUY: Both came from HomeGoods. Bestie and I LOVE that store.

*****

OK, I think that about sums it up. Completing his room has been such a labor of love.... there are some days where I just walk in there and stare at stuff... thinking about when he'll be playing with this or sleeping in that... right now all we can do is day dream. 
I can't wait for an outside baby!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks amazing! I love the book idea -- I'm actually throwing my friend a shower soon and was thinking of doing the exact same thing.

PS I have that dresser from IKEA! In blue. Love it!

Mommara said...

I love every tiny detail. I love every thing about him coming. Ugh, my heart is full thinking of you having an outside baby. I am crying again. lol I don't think it's possible for me to be more excited. Can't wait to get some snuggles.

Holly said...

I love the whole thing! So adorable... and still realistic for a baby. Good job, mama!

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful!!!!

kirkandmona said...

I love every single bit of it!!! Came together with so much love!!

Michele said...

Pam, it looks amazing! I'm so behind on blogging and commenting. This was a fun post see. I wish we were neighbors because I need some help with my oldest son's room. I just took down his nursery decor (well, I took it down about 5 mths ago!) and I need to finish it. Love that you guys said baby D has the nicest room in the house ;)

Post a Comment