Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Apple Pie cupcakes

the truth is...
I typically make about 3 1/2 dozen cupcakes.per.weekend.
2 dozen for work
some for neighbors
friends & family
and of course the hubs. love.


making THAT MANY apple cupcakes yesterday just was not do-able.
they do take longer to frost and dip, and frankly I didn't have enough mint leaves...
so I decided to do a more grown up apple cupcake too.


Spice cake mix
+ 1 tablespoon cinnamon
+ 1 teaspoon nutmeg

fill with apple pie filling
{see below}





top with my normal buttercream frosting
(i made a double batch because I used this on both sets of cupcakes)
3 sticks unsalted butter
6 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

I ate this one for breakfast yesterday! delish!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

looks super tasty! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Breanna said...

Looks yummy! How do you make the frosting so neat?

bre

Post a Comment