Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

my first day back


I knew today was coming, I've been thinking about it and preparing for it for a few weeks now. Today is the day I went back to work. I know that many moms do not get the opportunity to stay at home for 12 weeks of maternity leave, and many don't have family close by that are willing to keep their baby while they work. That is why I chose to have a thankful attitude today. I did cry the entire drive to work, but once I got there and got distracted by customers and products I did OK. I only called to check on him a few times, and the day went by quickly. Once I got home I caught up with the hubs talking about his day and my day, and then snuck in Durham's room and scooped him out of his crib and we snuggled. It was the sweetest snuggles I've ever had. 


1. starbucks and my lunchbox making the trip beside me
2. work!
3. sweet sign from my girls


4. pictures of my turtle and cards on my desk
5. my mom gave me this before I left... it was filled with brownie-hugs!
6. my favorite little 3 year old and his awesome momma brought me a special surprise


7. my first post pregnancy outfit. New jeans and top from Target (thanks hubs)
8. rocking a necklace my SIL gave me for christmas. Durham's birthday and our wedding anniversary.
8. the mom pedicure. when you paint just the toes that show in your peep-toe shoes.


hands down, the best part of my day!

8 comments:

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

LOVE that white top!! and glad your first day back wasn't too bad =)

Mommara said...

<3 Love that last picture. So glad it went ok. We love you so much. D is so lucky to have you.

Holly said...

Your outfit was super cute. You're so lucky to have family close by. And the mom pedicure cracked me up-- so true!!

Unknown said...

You look fantastic! And what a sweet day. So glad they made it special for you, despite the tears.

donna said...

Glad your first day back to work went well. The fun thing about going back to work is dressing up and getting a new outfit. Girl, you are looking fabulous! Motherhood suits you.

kirkandmona said...

The mom pedicure--I can't stop laughing!!! It makes a mom's heart melt to know that her Grandson is one of the most loved guys in the world!

Lindsey @ The Hill House said...

LOL...I too only have 3 toes on each foot painted. That's hilarious and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. That last picture of you and Durham is precious. I'm glad your first day back to work went well. And I love the necklace too; do you know where your SIL got it?

Tracey montgomery said...

Love it! I'm glad your first days back are going well! I love all the pictures of your day!

Post a Comment