Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Master Bath (Before & After)

so... a little back story. 
a couple of weeks ago, I helped bestie paint their living room.
then I sneezed, but I knew it was too late. I caught the painting bug.

We've been wanting to makeover our master bath for a while, but since no one really goes in there but us... we've been focusing our efforts on other parts of the house. Until last week when I started painting test spots all over everything. (that kinda commits ya)

here are the before and after side by side:



We (and I say we because I had a lot of help from the hubs, and my parents. I really appreciate yall appeasing my whim!) basically painted the walls, the trim, the window, the doors, and the vanity. Then we changed out the vanity hardware, rehung our towel holder, and used our existing shower hooks to hang a new curtain. 
I am absolutely obsessed with how it turned out. I am in total love... I wanna pee like every 5 minutes.











the details:

wall paint color: Martha Stewart Love-in-a-mist (color matched to BEHR paint... martha paint does not "cover" as well... in my opinion)
trim/door paint color: BEHR frost
vanity paint color: BEHR elephant skin
paint and paint supplys: $60

our hardware came from homedepot... but we've had it for a few years and they no longer cary that exact style...
shower curtain: Fieldcrest (target) stripe in blue and gray $30
bath mat: walmart $10 (or $9.98... you know how those prices keep on rollin' on back...)
blue glass jars: thrifted $6
ceramic egg crate: gifted from bestie (west elm)
framed art: crafted

total: $106
amazing new place to poop: priceless

****
Linking up to these parties today...
if you are visiting please leave a note about your blog... I'd love to come check you out! 



23 comments:

ashley said...

Lots great-lots more light and airy feeling!
Great job!

Drew said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

Damn sistah! It looks fabulous! wanna come do mine? :)

Anonymous said...

It looks amazing! I want your white egg crate, so jealous :)

Unknown said...

I love it! What a makeover for just $106! I really like the art, too. Are those maps?

Ashley Paige said...

Ahhh, it looks SOOOO good! You can't beat that price! Like you, our master bath is ATROCIOUS. It's literally the ONLY room in our year old house that we didn't touch.. and I regret the decision every single day.. we have MAJOR reno plans for it in a year's time and I'm just trying to darndest to be patient.. but i'm thinking a new coat of paint and maybe some new hardware will be just the right fix until we can really pretty it up! great job!

kirkandmona said...

Love how it came out!!! So much fun too!!

Lori said...

It really did turn out great!!

The Watts Watch said...

Love it! It looks great!

Summer Athena said...

fantastic! look at what you did with the egg crate from anthro! i love love love love it all.

Morgan said...

Pretty pretty! Looks so light and fresh. =]

Mommara said...

It looks great!

Tausha said...

fabulous! I am a little obsessed with bathroom makeovers right now. Maybe I should just start painting the walls and then I will have to do it. Good tip! Love the after and your photo skills are fab! Also-your post made me laugh! I want to want to pee in my bathroom every 5 minutes-just so I can look at how pretty it is! Fantastic job! Please, stop by and visit sometime! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Rebecca said...

It looks great! I love the colors, jars and that little egg crate. Too cute. I have a vision for my bathroom but haven't started yet, much more limited as renters but I want a fabulous place to poop too! ;)

donna said...

Bwahahaha. LOL at I wanna pee like every 5 mins comment.

You did a great job with the redesign---heck you did fantabulous with the reno budget!

calillie said...

I love it too!!! The vanity color is fabulous!

Unknown said...

LOVE! I'm in the middle of our master bath makeover...Good to see it's worth it in the end! :)

Michele said...

Great job and on a budget, Wow! It looks so clean and crisp. And, the blue/aqua mason jar are the perfect finishing touch. I love mason jars!

Mary said...

Turned out really nice! You did an awesome job!!

Unknown said...

LOVE it, and the perfect price! Loving that ceramic egg crate too!

Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

That paint color is perfect, love it!

Wanna come redo mine {smile}!

Great way to make a big impact with $100!

KimMalk said...

What a great makeover. I like the colors you chose and the cute heart art over your commode :).

Kimmie @ Hello Mess said...

This will be featured for What I Whipped Up Wednesday this week! xo

Post a Comment