Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Be On Purpose

I have a leadership devotional {by John Maxwell} that I am almost finished with.
(If you have one that you are thrilled with, please pass the suggestion along)

Today’s entry was great...
and I know that many of my co-workers and blog readers will appreciate this.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

"Nothing in life can take the place of knowing your purpose. If you don't try to discover your purpose, you're likely to spend your life doing the wrong things. I believe that God created every person for a purpose. Our responsibility - and our joy - is to identify it.


Here are some questions to ask yourself to help you identify your purpose:


For what am i searching? All of us have a strong desire set in our hearts, something that speaks to our deepest thoughts and feelings, something that sets out souls on fire.


Why was I created? Think about the unique mix of abilities you have, the resources available to you, your won personal history, and the opportunities around you.


Do I believe in my potential? No one can consistently set in a manner inconsistent with the way he sees himself."

I go on spurts of "purposeful living" where I am very aware of the decisions I am making... I needed this today. And I am so thankful for the direction and purpose in my life.


1 comments:

Morgan said...

This is a great post. I really needed to read this. I think about it from time to time, but don't really try to identify my purpose. Thanks for the post.

Post a Comment